Diamond Trading Company
Diamonds being sorted for presentation at the DTC
The Diamond Trading Company (DTC) is the rough diamond distribution arm of De Beers, and is the world's largest supplier of rough diamonds, by value.
With activities in sorting, valuing, sales and diamond beneficiation, the DTC is the bridge between De Beers’ rough diamond production and the DTC’s clients, known as Sightholders - who expertly add value at every stage of the diamond pipeline including dealing and preparing rough diamonds, manufacturing polished diamonds, designing and manufactoring diamond jewellery and selling beautiful pieces at retail. DTC also sells natural rough diamonds to Industrial Sightholders for use in industry and healthcare.
Our sorting, valuing, sales and distribution operations include:
- DTC – London, UK
- DTC South Africa – Kimberley, South Africa
- DTC Botswana – Gaborone, Botswana (50/50 joint venture with the Government of the Republic of Botswana)
- Namibia DTC – Windhoek, Namibia (50/50 joint venture with the Government of the Republic of Namibia)
- Canadian Sights in London
- Industrial Sights in London
As part of its operating model, the DTC is focused on delivering on the aspirations of our partners, which means ensuring a return of revenue, skills and social benefit to the citizens of diamond producing countries.
For more information click here