24 Holborn Viaduct,
|Year of establishment||1893|
|Number of employees||12|
|Number of offices||1|
L. M. Van Moppes & Sons Ltd
LMVM was first established as an industrial diamond merchant in London in 1893. We are one of the oldest industrial diamond merchant’s successfully trading today.
- LMVM was one of the first De Beers’ Sightholders, a privileged position that we have continued to maintain for many generations.
- LMVM has developed and retained a worldwide impeccable reputation for excellence in the sourcing, grading, marketing and distribution of natural industrial diamonds.
- LMVM has worked closely with diamond tool manufacturers for over 100 years. We respect and appreciate our long standing customer relationships; customers who rely upon us to satisfy their highly specialised natural industrial diamond requirements.
- LMVM’s grading and category system has been adapted and enhanced to suit the needs and ever increasing and changing demands of our industrial partners.
- LMVM’s globally diverse customer base includes the aeronautic, automotive, cutting, medical, printing and electronics industries, which provide equipment and processes essential in the manufacture of products vital for everyday life.
To complement our industrial diamond business, we also source, grade and distribute near gem material. This additional area of expertise enhances our core business and continues to expand to meet the needs of our jewellery manufacturing partners.
LMVM’s aim is to continue to broaden its supply of rough diamonds in order to promote both the industrial and near gem sectors of our business.
- Together, both the industrial and near gem sectors of activity contribute to a balanced and diverse business model, enabling LMVM to maintain its position as a reliable and consistent supplier of categorised rough diamond.
Corporate Social Responsibility
LMVM has corporate social responsibility integrated into the core of its business activities. As such, LMVM promotes and implements active awareness and compliance in ethical and moral standards, and with due regard for the environment, its habitats and biodiversity. Issues of environmental protection, employees’ rights, health and safety, respect and integrity in all professional activities are our principles of action. From the selection of suppliers and equipment through to waste management and disposal, choices are made where ever possible to best support the environment and wider community in which LMVM co-exists. In addition to charitable donations by LMVM, employees are encouraged and supported to utilise their skills and knowledge in a variety of voluntary positions, supporting local community groups and charities.
Core Business Activity
Product Range Overview
Industrial Rough Diamond Assortments; Rough Diamond Assortments
Approbation service; delivery schedules; inventory management/valuations; contract orders; dedicated account managers; consistent assortments; bespoke assortments; consultancy; training in industrial diamond sorting; on-site factory/customer visits; industry trends updates; purchasing data analysis/reporting.