COMPLIANCE WITH ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT STANDARDS
1. Compliance against standards recorded from 2015 onwards.
ENVIRONMENTAL INCIDENTS BY SEVERITY
SIGNIFICANT ENVIRONMENTAL INCIDENTS BY TYPE
WATER WITHDRAWAL BY SOURCE
1. Total water consumed by source - 2014: Restated from previously reported figures in the 2014 Report to Society. Total water consumed by source no longer includes water removed from source/dewatered, which was included in previously stated figures.
WATER, ENERGY AND CARBON EMISSIONS PERFORMANCE
TOTAL WEIGHT BY TYPE AND DISPOSAL METHOD
1. Non-hazardous waste to legal landfill – volume (NON-HAZARDOUS WASTE) - 2015: These figures are typically highly variable depending on waste projects.
2. Scrap metal (incl. cans) sent for recycling – mass (RECYCLING AND REUSE) - 2014: The increase is a result of 3,900 m³ moved off Namaqualand as part of closure.
3. Lead acid batteries sent for recycling/reuse – number (RECYCLING AND REUSE) - 2014: Restated from previously reported figures in the 2014 Report to Society.